PCH Frequently Asked Questions

If you are new to a Personal Contract Hire (PCH) agreement, we have attempted to address most of the common questions we are asked. If these do not satisfactorily answer your query please get in touch and we will endeavour to come back to you promptly.

Can I buy the vehicle at the end of the agreement?

No, this is a rental agreement and the vehicle must be returned at the end of the contract.

What happens if I go over the allowed mileage?

You will be charged excess mileage at the pence per mile rate shown on your agreement for every mile over the contracted mileage

What do I do about maintenance and service?

You should have the vehicle serviced and repaired in line with the manufacturers’ instructions at a franchised main dealer authorised for the manufacturer of your vehicle. As these vehicles are supplied ‘Maintained’ we will cover the cost of standard servicing and repair for normal wear and tear

Can I take the vehicle abroad on holiday?

Yes, before doing so you will need to obtain a letter of authority and VE103 certificate from us.

Is it possible to return the vehicle early?

This can be agreed for the payment of an early termination charge.

Who pays for the road fund licence?

We will renew and pay for the road fund licence for the duration of the agreement. Any increases in cost of the road fund licence will be charged to you.

Will I be charged if the vehicle has damage on it when returned?

he vehicle should be returned in good clean condition as outlined in the Fair Wear and Tear guide. Any damage outside the guidelines will be charged to you.

Who insures the vehicle?

You are responsible for insuring the vehicle at your expense under comprehensive insurance.

Can I put my private plate on the vehicle?

Yes, for a small administration charge.

Can you take my existing vehicle in part exchange?

No, unfortunately we have no facility to take vehicles in part exchange.

Do I have to collect the vehicle from the dealer?

The vehicle can be delivered to any mainland address within the UK.